Makes 12 cookies
1 1/2 cups (330 g) light brown sugar
2/3 cup (158 ml) Agrumato orange olive oil (or any other high-quality olive oil with a strong flavor profile)
1/2 cup (96 g) granulated sugar
6 TBSP (86 g) unsalted butter, room temp
2 large eggs, room temp
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 cups (272 g) all-purpose flour (for better texture substitute 1 cup (136 g) for bread flour)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 1/2 cups (330 g) Taste 75% chef’s chocolate
Maldon sea salt for sprinkling on top
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a mixer with a paddle attachment, mix together brown sugar, olive oil, granulated sugar and butter for 2 minutes or until smooth and incorporated.
3. Add in eggs one at a time, making sure the first is well incorporated before adding the next one.
4. Add vanilla.
5. Add in the dry ingredients and mix on low until the flour is just visible. Add in chocolate chips and mix until just incorporated.
6. Roll into 3 TBSP (42 g) sized balls and place 3 inches apart on a baking sheet. Each sheet pan fits about 6. Sprinkle the top with Maldon salt.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden on the edges. Let sit on the pan for 10 minutes to finish setting before letting cool completely on a rack.